Micro-Needling Radio-Frequency (MNRF)
Micro-Needling Radio-Frequency (MNRF) is the latest technology that combines the traditional micro-needling procedure (Derma Roller) with an element of radio frequency energy.
Micro-Needling Radiofrequency energy technology may be used for non-surgical tightening of the sagging skin. Its efficacy is optimised if administered during the initial stages of skin loosening. This technology is ideal for people who are not interested in surgical procedure. It is commonly used to treat the abdomen, under the arms, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line, and neck. It is a non-invasive treatment that uses a device to deliver radio frequency energy into the deeper layers of skin through micro-needling technology, which causes a heating action that immediately tightens skin tissues and structures. Over the time, new and re-modelled collagen is produced resulting in healthier, smoother skin and a more youthful appearance. It has shown to be clinically efficient in managing acne scars without causing direct damage to the epidermis.
Benefits of Radiofrequency Micro Needling Treatment
• Improves skin tone and texture
• Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
• Rejuvenates and tightens skin
• Reduces acne scars, skin pigmentation, open pores, and stretch marks
Procedure of MNRF Treatment
• Clean the face
• Apply topical anaesthesia
• Wipe out the cream after 20- 30 mins
• Contact the hand piece tip to epidermis
• Power level, exposure time, depth of needle insertion is manually set on the machine depending on the indication and area to be treated.
RF Micro needling may cause:
• Some patients may feel initial discomfort during the procedure which is mild.
• RF Micro needling may cause mild swelling and redness, which is normal and generally subside within an hour or so.
• You may develop mild tiny crusts on the target area after the procedure. The dermatologists recommend not to pick the scabs with bare hands and let them fall on their own.
Q. HOW IS FRACTIONAL RADIOFREQUENCY SCAR TREATMENT DIFFERENT FROM LASER ?
A. RF uses radio frequency energy waves to heat the collagen under the skin. These waves flow between electrodes positioned on the surface of the skin. Heat flows through the layers of skin with less impedance and stimulates the synthesis of new collagen and elastin thereby tightening the skin. The laser uses a highly focussed light beam, which converts into thermal energy (heat). It breaks down and remodels the scars, over a period they begin to heal.
Q. WHAT IS THE DOWNTIME OF RF MICRONEEDLING?
A. The downtime of RF Micro needling procedure is minimal. Depending on the intensity of the treatment, it may take a day or two for your skin to recover.
Q. HOW MANY SESSIONS OF MNRF SHOULD I TAKE AND HOW OFTEN?
A. Most people require 3-5 sessions of MNRF for over six months to attain visible results. The number of sessions depends on the skin’s response to the treatment. The time interval between each session depends on the severity of the condition as well the type of RF micro-needling one needs to undergo. The dermatologist may suggest treatment sessions after a gap of 4-6 weeks.
Q. IS IT PAINFUL?
While pain tolerance varies in individuals, most people are comfortable during the MNRF treatment. Numbing cream can also be used to help reduce the discomfort. The procedure is not accompanied by any significant side effects. One can resume regular activities immediately after the treatment, with no downtime or special follow-up care.